Upcycling Workshop: Cup Warmer
Time & Location
About the Event
Upcycling Workshop: Cup Warmers
We are on the doorsteps of winter and nothing is better than curling up on the couch with a hot drink and a nice book. However, don't you just hate when the hot drink cools off too quickly? Don't worry, with a handmade cup warmer which is just a warm vest for your favourite cup to keep the drink warm a tad bit longer!
In this workshop,
We will be upcycling fabric scraps or old clothing into our very own cup warmers! you will learn to:
1. cut fabric and batting
2. use a quilting topstitch, edgestitch,
3. attach a strap and snaps.
What to bring to the workshop:
- a piece of scrap fabric or old clothing (preferably denim, fleece, flannel, nothing stretchy...etc)
- the measurement: circumference of your favourite cups
- Sewing toolkit if you have one (optional)
- Dinner or snacks (We have a kitchenette here)